Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thursday, January 23, 2014

I am doing a lot of praying today. Prayer for the Lord to renew my inner strength to start this week off well and work hard for the next weigh-in day. I do not want to allow myself to become discouraged. Another big downfall of mine. When I become discouraged about ANYTHING, it depresses me; which sends me into EAT mode. I am a COMFORT EATER! I tell you nothing makes ya feel better when you are down like a big bag of nacho cheese doritos. NOT! But for some reason, that is where I look for it at. Agh...yet another lesson the Lord is teaching me and I am only in week 2! He is showing me just how empty that bag really is and the ONLY thing it is giving me another pound! I need to lean on Him if I find myself needing comfort. After all, He is the COMFORTER......and I know through my own past experience that He will give comfort to those that ask. Yet for some reason, I never ask. He is showing me a lot of things.....like my personal prayer life....stinks! I pray to Him all day long for other people. Lord give them strength, peace, comfort, healing....but yet when I need those things, rather than praying... I eat. *SIGH* So that will be my goal this week. To pray and lean on Him when I feel the need for comfort and strength. I know He will give it freely. I just have to ask. 


Meals:

Breakfast: a protein shake with strawberries, grapes, oats and grains, whey powder, milk./coffee


Lunch: totally delicious salad!



Supper: 1 1/2 deer burgers with lettuce and cheese with ketchup. and 4 or 5 homemade onion rings. 


Exercise:
45 min. of devoted fitness

I heard a song today that I hadn't heard before. It is by Jesus Culture and it's called "Rooftops". What a song! God, I am yours!!!

2 comments:

  1. I will pray for you my friend, that you remember to take your cares to Jesus too, not just those of your friends. But we do thank you for interceding for us too!

    ReplyDelete