Monday, June 23, 2014

Devoted Fitness....

Devoted fitness, such an amazing ministry to be a part of and I find myself being really bummed out. Today I had made an event, invited close to 200 women to come and try devoted fitness for free and only one showed up(which is a regular). I can expect some resistance to this ministry because well it has Christ as it's center and it will have opposition from Satan. Sometimes I feel like, "What business do I have leading this class?" I am extremely overweight, I am just now to where I can do the full hour without having to modify moves..... And a lot of times my self-conscious gets the best of me and I worry about what I look like in front of people. But I feel like God has led me to where I am, and though I feel completely inadequate for such a task, I know that God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called....So with that in mind I have to just set aside my feelings of inadequacy and self-consciousness and do it. I may not look the best, I may not be the best and there may be many women in the class that would be way more qualified and visually appealing than I am to be leading it, but God hasn't called them, He's called me. So I will keep doing it, regardless of whether there is 1 person in class or 2, or 5, or 20....  I will set my feelings aside and I will lead the class into worship with God and trust that God will take care of the rest. God will make all of my inadequacies, adequate. Though totally scared walking into every class, I will trust that God will work out all of the rest if I am faithful and show up and be willing to allow Him to use me in this ministry. I pray for more women to come, not because I want to have a class full.... to make myself feel accomplished. But because I want other women to experience being able to worship and lean on God while pushing yourself to keep going when your inner self says, "I'm tired. Just quit." And honestly, it's no fun to work out alone, being around other women, especially women in Christ, it gives me motivation to keep going, to continue on my journey. My journey of losing weight and also my walk with Christ. To be able to share prayers and praises with each other after class and getting lost in worship together while working out and being there for each other is amazing. So I feel God is testing me. I feel Him saying,  "Angel, even if  only one shows up, will you be faithful? Will you do what I have called you to do?" Yes. I will. Regardless. I will pray for the growth of this ministry while I continue to be faithful in leading it. And I pray my willingness to be real and vulnerable will somehow be a blessing to someone else.....  Maybe someone in the same boat as I am in, who feels too self-conscious to come and workout will find motivation through me. That's my prayer. Lord use me. 

1 comment: